Normally, honey bees are known only for the fact that they produce delicious honey which has a great application in our daily lives. The greatest scientist Albert Einstein says that if honey bees disappear from earth, humans would be dead within 4 years!
Let’s know why.
Approximately one third of our food depends on insect pollination, majorly done by honey bees. So undoubtedly it can also be said that a world without honey bees would mean a world without fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.
However, this is not very much possible that human beings would die within 4 years if honey bees disappear, as other insects might take over the pollination work done by the bees.
Here are some adverse concerns if honey bees were eradicated from earth.
1. If the farmers do not provide fields or orchards with enough honeybees for pollination, the whole harvest can fail.
2. Honey bees are the only insects which produce the food eaten by humans. So, if honey bees disappear, results can be deteriorating.
3. Fewer bees mean no almonds, less coffee and less alfalfa hay available to feed dairy cows.
4. We may lose all the plants that bees pollinate and all of the animals that eat those plants. Which means a world without bees could struggle to sustain the global human population of 7 billion.
5. As stated earlier, it is not pretty much probable that human beings would die within 4 years in the absence of bees, but the outcomes may prove as sabotage to the human life.
However, bees are vanishing rapidly because of harmful pesticides and chemicals. This practice needs to be ceased so as to preserve human life and Mother Nature.